The river and mountain Aborigines are colonised shortly after Paterson’s expedition. Settlers led by two soldiers begin to occupy river flats and flood plains. A small river port township develops at Pitt Town Bottoms. It is referred to as the “green hills”, present-day Windsor. 22 settlers select 25-30 acre farms. The district of Mulgrave Place is established in 1794. Small sloops become a familiar scene in the lower Hawkesbury River. This view is visible from the entrance to Marra Marra Creek. (Ford p69, Nichols p9-10).